| "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord." Psalm 118:17
Most of you reading this already know one reason why we've been gone
from the blog so long...It's been a long, hard year, but I refer to it
as the "Year of Grace", borrowed from Robin Mark's album on which is one
of my favorite songs, "All Is Well"~
This is a hard post to
make, and I apologize if it's hard on some of you too. But it's part of
our lives and reliving it to a certain extent gives us yet another
opportunity to say, "Thank You, Jesus!" The van here is the one all of
us but Chad were in the night of Jan. 15, 2013, when we hit an icy spot
on the hill of a country road and ran off into a tree. Chad, who we had
met coming home from work, was following behind us. It was a cold, dark,
winter evening and I remember the stars shining down out of a black
velvety sky--funny what you remember sometimes. I was sitting on the
very back seat of the van with my little girls when we crashed and my
seat belt allowed me to slip underneath it instead of holding me in my
seat. I knew I was hurt badly because of the amount of pain I had and
after Aubrey freed me from the seat belt, I slipped off the seat and was
unable to move from that position until they were finally able to get
me from the van into the ambulance which took awhile. Truth be told, I
didn't know if I was going to make it or not, and begged God to spare my
life so I could stay with Nathan and my children, but also prepared
myself if that shouldn't be the case...I've said since that you're not
really ready to live until you're ready to die--
We had been
on our way to have supper with some of Nathans family, and beings we
were almost there when it happened, the children all went to their
uncles house. From there Damien was also taken to the hospital by
ambulance where he was treated that night for a broken arm with
follow-up at our local hospital/doctor later. He started out with a cast
up past his elbow, which they later reduced to below the elbow for the
rest of the time that it was on. He has healed well, for which we are so
thankful! "For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord" |