The Bow Shoot that Nathan took some of the boys to last Saturday. It was a traditional archery competition--even though it was a cloudy sort of day, and wet and muddy from all the rain we've had recently, they had a great time!
Tyler taking careful aim...

Damien shooting at an elk target

Tyler taking careful aim...
Damien shooting at an elk target

He always was our "Robin Hood":o)

Ty and his friend, Drew

Ty and his friend, Drew
left behind by archers of the past...

Who were they- These archers of long ago?


Who were they- These archers of long ago?

what do May showers bring?
Arrowheads!
they might tell us!

We've also found some things made from glass/pottery...

I don't seem to have a knack for finding anything too great, but the boys do.:o) We found a piece of earthenware or ironstone, with enough writing on it to look it up--it says "stone china" on it with the name J.W. Pankhurst & Co. It was made in Hanley, Staffordshire, England. J.W. Pankhurst & Co. produced earthenware and ironstone during the years 1850-1883, at which time someone else took over the business after Pankhurst went bankrupt. So I assume from my findings that this piece is from that time period... I wonder who all handled it, ate off it or used it for food of some kind, and how did this piece end up where it did... I surmise from the various different things that have come from that one place, that Native Americans and settlers have both lived there at some time or another, or else the one had articles belonging at one time to the other. I just love history!

We've also found some things made from glass/pottery...

I don't seem to have a knack for finding anything too great, but the boys do.:o) We found a piece of earthenware or ironstone, with enough writing on it to look it up--it says "stone china" on it with the name J.W. Pankhurst & Co. It was made in Hanley, Staffordshire, England. J.W. Pankhurst & Co. produced earthenware and ironstone during the years 1850-1883, at which time someone else took over the business after Pankhurst went bankrupt. So I assume from my findings that this piece is from that time period... I wonder who all handled it, ate off it or used it for food of some kind, and how did this piece end up where it did... I surmise from the various different things that have come from that one place, that Native Americans and settlers have both lived there at some time or another, or else the one had articles belonging at one time to the other. I just love history!






2 comments:
WOW - history is totally awesome... especially when you find REAL bits and pieces of it like that. :-) I've always wanted to find an arrow head, but so far I haven't! Guess maybe I'm not patient enough. :-)
Looks like you guys were having fun! The arrowheads are awesome. It would be fun if they could tell stories eh? :) *Jenny*
Post a Comment