On turning another year older...I recently celebrated another birthday. Yes, you did read that right- I celebrated it!:o) I used to kinda resist the idea, maybe even "spas" about it a little. But that was a long time ago!:o) Now I'm just so grateful that God has blessed me with another year and I know that the only other option to getting old, is to die young (or younger) and if you don't want that, then you may as well grow older thankfully and graciously! And while I'm not necessarily going to broadcast my age on a blog, I am so grateful for every year that the Lord has allowed me to live, for every morning He has let me wake up to His new mercies for that day, for the awesome blessings He has bestowed on me all along the way, and for all the times He has carried me over the rough and trying spots in my life. So I guess for me, a birthday celebration is really a thanksgiving celebration to God for all the blessings of life He's so lovingly given to me! Thank You, Father God for another year!
Isn't this just the cutest cake!! My sister makes such cool cakes and this is a special garden scene, with a white fence and flowers around it and plants growing in the dirt. You can even see the carrots growing in the dirt below ground where the one piece has been cut out and decorated! So the whole cake was a real hit with me because I love gardens and chocolate cake---how much better could it get?!:o) Thanks, Bridge, you did a lovely, yummy job!:o) Also my baby sister made my birthday supper, a wonderful meal of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls...very good AND I didn't have to make a thing! Thanks, Am!:o) What a wonderful thing family is and how special to have sisters!:o)
Isn't this just the cutest cake!! My sister makes such cool cakes and this is a special garden scene, with a white fence and flowers around it and plants growing in the dirt. You can even see the carrots growing in the dirt below ground where the one piece has been cut out and decorated! So the whole cake was a real hit with me because I love gardens and chocolate cake---how much better could it get?!:o) Thanks, Bridge, you did a lovely, yummy job!:o) Also my baby sister made my birthday supper, a wonderful meal of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls...very good AND I didn't have to make a thing! Thanks, Am!:o) What a wonderful thing family is and how special to have sisters!:o)
I don't like posing alone...and why should I, when I have all these dear people around to share my life with!
My grandma posing with us--did someone say "cake"? She'll be right there!:o)*************
On my birthday, Nathan and the two little ones took me over to some of our friends who have greenhouses, and I picked out some flowers and we also got a bunch of flowering bushes to plant in front of the house. And when I got home from my birthday supper over at my folks, SURPRISE!!! I saw that the boys had made the bed for the bushes while I was gone! What a neat birthday gift! Here is Damien carrying some of the flowers to their new home:o) Poor guy, he had a cold and didn't feel too great that day-

Faithful Aubrey digging holes and planting lots of bushes! Thanks, Bub, great job!:o)

Nathan...My Honey Bun...Daddy...it's a family blog, what am I s'posed to call him? Well, he's all of the above and more:o) so anyway, yes, you can see it's him...He did a wonderful job on our front porch, with the lattice--now we just need to get the gravel and the rest of the "black stuff" put down in the beds, hopefully this week...






3 comments:
Wow, that's a really neat cake! And the gift of flower beds will be a treat to your eyes every time you see them.
You have a wonderful family. God is so good :)
Happy Birthday, Krista! I love the cake your sister made--she did such a great job on it!
How nice of your husband and children to make your birthday so special for you. Your flower garden looks very nice, too. :)
Looking forward to seeing you, Lord willing!
Thank you, ladies!:o)
Post a Comment