"...We will bless the Lord..."

"...We will bless the Lord..."

"...Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

1 Cor.10:31b




************************



We May Not Have It All Together



But Together We Have It All!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Kaitriana!

Our little princess turns five years old!


I've made Kaiti a new birthday dress every year for her birthday-
just our little "tradition":o)
I have fun with different fabrics and different styles/patterns.
This year we decided to do a butterfly birthday so I was tickled to
find this little butterfly headpiece and wings at a
garage sale shortly before her birthday.
Just what we needed for our special butterfly effect!:o)

Where has the time gone, Sweet Little Girl?
Kaiti was the only one who waited 'til her due date to come-
Her brothers were all in a hurry, I guess!
She was born at home on a beautiful Monday morning in June-
We couldn't have asked for a nicer birth or
a lovelier little girl!


~Her butterfly cake~



Little cousins share in the birthday fun!




Mommy & Daddy and
our precious Kaitriana Elizabeth~
God bless you sweet little lady!




Make a wish!



Presents! What fun!





Standing with Nana for a birthday picture
with her card and 5$ from Nana.
One thing we've tried to do is help our little birthday children
maintain a good level of gratitude at their birthday party instead
of manifesting a spirit of greed- so I like if after they open a gift they
personally thank and hug the giver instead of greedily
ripping open one gift after another!
After all, nothing good we receive in life, we deserve,
and what better time to learn gratefulness
and thankfulness than when a child!



Birthday gifts from her big brothers-
Damien gave her new sunglasses and
Ty, our outside man/gardener brother
gave her the garden/yard tools.
Aren't they cute!


Surprise, Kaiti!
Finally, after so many boy bikes we got to buy a little girl one!
Up until now she had just used hand-me-downs from her brothers,
which was fine, but it was time to get her her own.
Maybe Mommy & Daddy enjoyed the idea as much as Kaiti!:o)


For a fun party activity we decorated butterfly-shaped
cookies- just the sort of thing little girls (and boys) love!!!




A bit more sugar and food coloring than I really
care to think about in one place at one time,
but hey, a little girl's 5th birthday only
comes once in a lifetime!!!:o)


As you can see we do like to make a big deal for birthdays!
But besides liking a good party, I see it this way-
Every life is a divine blessing from God and
every year is a gift from Him to be
celebrated and thankful for, so-
Let the festivities begin!
Happy 5th birthday, Kaiti Dear-
We all love you!












3 comments:

JoAnna said...

Awww... Happy late Birthday to sweet little Kaiti!! I loved all the pictures. The first one was so cute... she makes a beautiful little butterfly!!

Our family said...

Thank you, JoAnna!:o)

Joy said...

Your party looks like a lot of fun! I love the cake you made, and Kaiti's dress is adorable!

P.S. Here I am awake at 11:00 PM and commenting on your blog! Little Ezra won't sleep...hopefully soon. :)